Thursday, January 26, 2017

When These Pictures Develop

I've had many experiences in my lifetime. Some good and some bad, and though the events are history, the memories have stayed with me. I even have photographs of some of them.

Before the digital age, we had a polaroid instant camera, so we wouldn't have to wait overnight to have the film developed. Yet, even as great as instant pictures were, in certain conditions, some were blurry or dark.

The Lord showed me how this was like the memories of my life. Not all of them have been developed yet. Not all of them make sense now. Not all of them are pleasant.  Some I want to hide, and others I wish I could forget about.

But God says in His Word that He has never left us or forsaken us. At the end of my life, and sometimes along the way, I'm going to see something different about those memories....



When these pictures develop...

I'm going to see JESUS standing there with me in every one!

We can ask Jesus to show us where He was in our memories. No matter how alone or forsaken we may have felt at times, Jesus has always been right there, causing all things to work together for our good, watching over us. He wants us to know that even in present and future struggles, He is right here with us. All we have to do is call upon His name and believe that He is our helper.
Written by my son, Cameron Hill


"I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you,"
So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper,
I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”

Hebrews 13:5 

9 comments :

Jedidja said...

Love it so much. Thank you. This is all in the way I am writing on my Dutch blog. https://kostbaar.blogspot.nl/ WIse lesson in your post. Glad I came to read it this evening.

Sandra said...

truly beautiful and also very true. I like thinking of life as not fully developed yet

Nonnie said...

And that is most profound. Thanks for sharing this. It's beautiful.

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a very nice verse written by your son, Cameron. How wonderful that he said "I'm going to see Jesus standing there with me in every one." I remember the Poloroid cameras well. Loved those things, they were so fun!

A happy rest of the week to you, Karen.

~Sheri

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That statement about seeing Jesus in each picture when they are developed someday gave me goosebumps...the good kind...just thinking that Jesus was right there beside us all the time...even in the bad times...and when we meet Him face to face, we will see how He never left us ever...what a beautiful picture that will be. Thank you for sharing this. This image will stay in my mind for quite a while I do believe.

Mildred said...

I enjoyed this post very much.

Rose said...

Oh, Karen, this is such a good post.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful thought, Karen. To think that our life will develop fully when we reach Heaven's gate. Beautiful post- xo Diana

Connie said...

Wonderful words from your son. Great analogy! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Archive