Sunday, January 1, 2017

Victory in Christ

Sometimes I sit and dwell on mistakes I made in years past, but  I was encouraged by my devotional reading this morning from Corrie ten Boom:

"Lord, it is sometimes hard for us to see our victories, but we know that they are there. Thank You that Your Word tells us so clearly that together with You, we stand on victory ground."

We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of us.
2 Cor. 4:7

A picture came to mind of Daddy lining his walkway with luminaries on Christmas Eve. They shone so brightly in the dark, even though they were just brown lunch bags. Until he lit the candles, they had no beauty of their own.

File:Luminaria at Lake Washington, 2002.jpg
Photo Credit

9 comments :

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, This sweet memory was perfect with this scripture! I just wanted to say that I have not visited for a very long time because I lost all my blogs and their links. But tonight I have managed to go back into my computer and find those that have commented way back. I have missed you and your heart for Christ and the Word!
Missed You!

Sandra said...

Dwelling on the past can make me crazy, so I have pretty much stopped doing it, but once in a while I fall back to dwelling., I have to remind myself of the life I live now and how it was back then and know that I am much better off now

Patsy said...

I have read Corrie Ten Boom wonderful encouragement.
Have you read Mrs. Charles Cowman's books?
Happy 2017 in Christ!

Mary Hutchins said...

One of Satan's favorite darts is bringing memories of past mistakes to our minds. If he can get us to dwell on them then we aren't dwelling on and in GOD. God is our Victory. Hope you have a happy and blessed day.

Connie said...

Your memory illustrates this verse quite well. Nice post! :)

Rose said...

Oh, Karen, this is a good post. I worry and stress with Roger but was just down in the basement ironing a couple of his shirts and thinking 2 months ago, it was hard to get time to even do a load of laundry. He has come so far and the Lord has been so good to us!

Nonnie said...

Corrie was such a wise woman and she is one of my heroes. I tend to dwell on past mistakes and remind myself often He has cast those things into the depths of he sea and "no fishing allowed!"

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh I love the luminary thought...just earthen vessels, brown paper bags...until we are filled with the Light of the Lord! I needed that today. Thank you.

Mildred said...

Such a beautiful post. Wishing you a very nice day.

Blog Archive