Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Comfort of a Friend


Charlie Brown was pitching in the neighborhood softball game, and pitching poorly. Lucy was giving him a lot of grief. As the criticism continued, Charlie Brown could bear it no longer. In frustration, he stood on his head in humiliation right there on the pitcher's mound.

Seeing his friend's pain, loyal Snoopy walked out and stood on his head beside Charlie Brown.

Don't you hate it when you are really hurting and someone tells you to just put a smile on your face?

The Bible tells us:
"Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy;
share tears when they're down."
Romans 12:15 Message

11 comments :

Debbie Harris said...

Amen! There's something wonderful in a friend ♡

Bless you~

Mildred said...

I love this post.

Wishing you a nice Monday. xoxo

Sandra said...

we all need support at sometimes in our lives and I do love snoopy

Melanie said...

Very good, Karen. Sometimes we just need a hug or a listening ear.

Mary Hutchins said...

Love my friends!! Sweet post.

Theresa said...

That's what real friends do, we share the happy times and the sad ones as well! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Ken said...

It seams like its been forever since I have been here. I hope all is well with you. Awesome post.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet post, Karen!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a powerful message...yes...weep with those who weep, laugh with those who laugh...be a friend and comforter by just being there. sometimes that is all that is needed...just be present to their distress. Thank you for this reminder. I am often guilty of trying to "fix" things rather than just be present.

Red Rose Alley said...

Gotta love that Snoopy. We should all have loyal friends like him. :)

Have a splendid week, Karen.

~Sheri

L. D. said...

I have that illustration on a mug my wife gave to me. It now has more meaning for me. Thanks for sharing this post.

Blog Archive