Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pay No Attention to Their Insults


Listen now, you who know right from wrong,
you who hold my teaching inside you:
Pay no attention to insults, and when mocked
don't let it get you down.

Isaiah 51:7-8 Message

When I was subbing in fourth grade a while back I took the students to the public school library and one little boy decided to check out the Bible that week. Back in the classroom, some of the boys gave him a hard time about it.

"I can't believe you checked THAT out! Why are you reading THAT?" they asked.


The nine year old didn't let it bother him. As he was reading  - I overheard him explaining to his friends, "See those words in red? That's because Jesus is Lord!"

Thank you, Father God, that out of the mouths of babies and children you have prepared praise for yourself!
Matthew 21:16


14 comments :

Debbie Harris said...

What a testimony! Gave me chills to read that.
That photo on your header is awesome! Quite the new bridge.

Bless you~

Red Rose Alley said...

Your story brought a tear to my eye. Children are so very special.

Have a good week at the start of the new year, Karen.

~Sheri

Nonnie said...

The bridge is beautiful. The little boy even more so!

Mary Hutchins said...

Such a sweet testimony. Thinking of the scripture that says, raise up a child in the way he should go and he won't depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful story...and I pray that little boy is still standing strong on God's Word...and Jesus' words written in red! It is getting harder and harder for young people and adults to take a stand for Christ in this world without being mocked and possibly even hurt. May the Lord give us courage to stand firm and live for Him in spite of the taunts of the world. Amen.

Carla from The River said...

A wonderful memory! Praise God!!
Love to you,
Carla

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

This was such a blessing to me. Not only did I need to read that verse of Scripture, I'm completely in love with children and that little boy, well ... they don't come any more special than him. Out of the mouth of babes.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a lovely story. Insults and bullying is just wrong. I like your new header photo, cool bridge.

Happy New Year, I wish you all the best in 2017.

Have a happy day and week ahead!

Theresa said...

Good for that little Boy:) Reading the Bible is the best book to read! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Sandra said...

a touching story and one I am thinking not many will find. a child borrowing a Bible these days is uncommon.

Jedidja said...

That's very nice! Love it.

Connie said...

Such a sweet story!

Lady Jane said...

I love this story. This child will go far. Hugs, LJ

GretchenJoanna said...

What a shame that the majority of the children had already learned to despise God's word. I hope that they will remember the example of a simple believer and that the seed will sprout in their hearts in good time.

Thank you for sharing that story!

Blog Archive