Tuesday, January 10, 2017

God is taking your picture

At the end of the day, sometimes I feel like I haven't accomplished a lot, but I came across a journal entry that encouraged me that maybe there are things we do that are worthwhile to other people that we don't even realize.

You know how teachers tell young students," I'm watching to catch someone being good today"? Our Bible study leader, Fawn, said to our team who was visiting the nursing home, "Do you know that God is taking your picture right now, and putting it on his fridge? He is happy that you came to let His love flow through you."

We can preach and sing, and that is good, but something people will remember when we're gone is how we made them feel when we sat with them, listened, smiled, and looked them in the eyes, when we held their hands to pray, or spoke a kind word. 



10 comments :

Mary Hutchins said...

I love that thought, God is taking my picture and putting it on his fridge. Made me smile, also made me think....what am I doing while He's taking my picture. hmmmm....I pray to always be about my Father's business, working and serving for His Kingdom. Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday!

Mildred said...

So precious. Thank you!

Sandra said...

this is so true. for about 2 years I did volunteer work with homeless people. since I am friendly and like people, when the meals were served, the director said, your job is not to serve the food, I want you to eat at the tables with these men and women and talk. I love to talk. once eating burgers with 6 homeless men, most were half my age, I said what is the one thing you wish people would do for you... they all 6 agreed. they wanted to be smiled at, talked to and for people to treat them like they treat others and not shun or walk to the other side of the street. since then I speak to them where ever they are. a homeless man was sitting in the entrance to Walmart with a 99c cup of coffee, as I left the store I smiled and said Good Morning and his face lit up like I had given him money. being nice is free

NanaDiana said...

What a great thought. I had never heard that before...and I love the idea. We are always trying to look our best for pictures so why wouldn't we do the same for God? xo Diana

Connie said...

Nice post. Your last paragraph is especially well said and sums it up wonderfully.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Hmmm, sometimes I hope God doesn't take my picture...there are times I'd rather He didn't notice...and I need to work on the times that I DO hope He's paying attention. I know He's always watching, and that helps me to try to keep smiling for the picture...but lately I think I have some work to do in that department. Thanks for the reminder.

Arlene Grimm said...

I hope he deletes some of the bad ones, Karen. I am not always lovely in my thoughts and actions. Your post has encouraged me to be more self aware.

Red Rose Alley said...

That's a nice thought. :)

~Sheri

Theresa said...

I try to remember this! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Rose said...

What you say is so, so true...

Blog Archive