Tuesday, December 13, 2016

White as Snow

When I was substitute teaching in public school, I noticed that God is left out of the conversation. I was instructed not to sing any Christmas songs with the children, not even Jingle Bells.  But, thankfully, one little first grader was okay with praising the Lord at school. As we were going out to recess, we saw a few snowflakes sifting down. She burst out in song, "Oh, precious is the flow that makes me white as snow. No other fount I know. Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"

This is all my hope and peace,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Robert Lowry

11 comments :

Mary Hutchins said...

That is awesome, touched my heart! Thanks for sharing!!

Susie said...

Karen, I wish everyone would leave Jesus and God in our schools. I love hearing children sing and I hope they all decide to sing their praises. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jedidja said...

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Harris said...

Aww to think that a first grader would sing that, amazing!
Praise the Lord~~

Debbie Harris said...

Aww to think that a first grader would sing that, amazing!
Praise the Lord~~

Debbie Harris said...

Aww to think that a first grader would sing that, amazing!
Praise the Lord~~

Red Rose Alley said...

A precious child, indeed. Loved this story, Karen.

~Sheri

Carla from The River said...

Oh my Karen, I just love that song. What a blessing of a story tonight for me. Thank You!!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Now THAT is precious! Praise God for the honesty and openness of little children. I do hope that no one tried to stop her from sharing her joy in the Lord! After all, even Jesus said that if men won't praise him even the rocks will cry out in praise of their creator!! Oh may we never cease to praise Him. Amen.

Connie said...

Sweet story!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Karen! Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Blog Archive