Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Through Cloud and Sunshine

My heart goes out the the people left homeless by the wildfires around Gatlinburg TN.
I couldn't get to sleep Tuesday night and watched lived coverage as 14, 000 people evacuated with very little notice. I guess this seems more real to me because I have visited that area and it is not too far from my sister in north Georgia.

I listened to my son Cameron this morning leading worship
 in the prayer room.
He was singing;
The only thing that's going to keep us in the hour of trial
 is God's voice.

I need Thy presence every passing hour.
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
Henry Lyte  - Abide With Me 

5 comments :

Carla from The River said...

Sending prayers for TN!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, so thankful for the abundance of rain that is falling in the mountains right now. Praying that God will replenish the earth and bring strength and comfort to His people who are suffering from this horrible devastation. Praising God for the rain.

NanaDiana said...

Terrible about what is happening there. Terrible and SAD! That music must have been soothingly beautiful. Blessings- xo Diana

ps. I LOVE your header!

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a nice post thinking about the people in TN, Karen. And I have to tell you that I loved your Header right away.....aqua colors with snow, lights, and a sled - what a pretty design.

~Sheri

Connie said...

So sad to see all that is happening there in Tennessee. We visited Gatlinburg several years ago.

Blog Archive