Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Sacrifice of Praise

The only place we can offer sacrificial love is on this earth during our short lifetimes. I guess that is why Jesus came from Heaven to earth.

When I gave my son back to God, it was the hardest thing I had ever done. It wasn't like I had a choice for him to live or die. But I had a choice to praise God whatever happened. In the final hours of my son's life, Holy Spirit gave me the grace to look at death as if Caleb was moving out of a tattered pup tent into a new mansion. I began to sense Jesus' joy at welcoming Caleb home.

Problem was: I was staying here. So there was grief and sadness, but I gradually came back around to seeing that GOD'S GOODNESS is the focus of my praise, not my circumstances.

Sometimes, it looks like and feels like God has let us down, pulled the rug out from under us.
I don't have the answers. I have given up my right to understand WHY. My mind could not comprehend the mysteries of God even if He told me.

How greatly God's heart must be touched by your praise when you choose to keep on calling on His name, and keep on praising His name in the depths of uncertainty, disappointment and confusion.

You are offering up a sacrifice of praise and that is a sweet incense that rises to the very throne of God. Only in this lifetime will you have the opportunity to be the fragrance of Christ and have that kind of testimony in the midst of tragedy and loss.

Stay connected to your Heavenly Father. Stay connected to God's people. We need each other!

May I never be stingy with my praise, dear Lord, for you were not stingy with your sacrificial love.

10 comments :

karen hopkins said...

Praying Blessings upon Blessings of God's Joy, and Peace to you, sweet Sister.. May you find His presence, a great time of celebration, and adoration as you celebrate the Birth of a Simple Baby Child, named Jesus, Son of God. Merry Christmas, Karen..

Karen said...

Amen...the greatest sacrifice...so much love....

Crown of Beauty said...

Karen, I so appreciate reading this post today. Didn't even know you had lost a son.

In my own experience I have discovered that in our grieving seasons, the Father is very close!

But the way you wrote this post is really encouraging.

Love
Lidia

Sarah (Nikki) said...

HI Karen...your words touched a cord in me...there's so many things I just don't understand. But I'm gonna praise Him anyways. Sending you a ton of hugs.

Mildred said...

A beautiful post today that helps me to remember to praise the Lord always, even when we don't understand.

Susie said...

Karen, When ever I have lost a loved one, I do wonder , "why did God let us love them so much?"...it's hurts us to let go, even knowing our loved ones are without pain and with God. With faith we have to rejoice knowing our special ones are in the arms of our Lord. I miss my mom so much. But I think of her happy, pain free, and at peace.That gives me comfort. There's been day when I talk with God almost the entire day. Since I was 8 years old...He has been there for me. Blessings and hugs to you dear Karen. xoxo, Susie

Red Rose Alley said...

This is beautiful, Karen, and you are very special, indeed. I'm so sorry you lost your son, Caleb. Thinking of you today, my dear.

~Sheri

Nonnie said...

it truly is a sweet sacrifice and sweet to Him when we praise Him in our losses and the things we don't understand. I didn't know you had lost a son. I cannot imagine such loss.

Carla from The River said...

Hello Karen,
I appreciated this post so much. This is so heartfelt and so needed today.
I am praying for you regarding the loss.
Love, Carla

Connie said...

A beautiful and heartfelt post today. Hugs to you.

Blog Archive