Tuesday, November 29, 2016

New Every Morning

I was reading the book of Jeremiah this morning. Jeremiah was persecuted by the king and religious leaders for prophesying the fall of Jerusalem because of the nation's rebellion, and then he saw its destruction and his fellow Jews being taken into exile to Babylon.

It is thought that he wrote these words as he watched Jerusalem burning:

This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-23

7 comments :

Susie said...

Karen, When I read your post, it makes me feel good. Thank you. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Thankful for a new day! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Mildred said...

Thank you for sharing this.

I love your new winter-y background.

We were so thankful for the rain here today.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

We just sang that hymn last week, "Great is Thy Faithfulness"...morning by morning new mercies I see, All I have needed Thy hand hath provided...Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!" Yes, Our God is faithful and strong and loving and forgiving and full of mercy. We are truly blessed.

L. D. said...

Yes I am willing to take a new day each day. Thanks.

Debbie Harris said...

Yes, God's compassions never fail, they are new every morning and He is faithful.
I believe we can all attest to His goodness and faithfulness in our lives.
Thank you for sharing~~

Connie said...

Thank you for sharing this scripture.

Blog Archive