Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Light and Life

The way of the righteous
is like the first gleam of dawn, 
which shines ever brighter
until the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18

I listened online to a Christian in a country that is hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ. She said many there are hearing the Word of God and placing their faith in Jesus Christ, knowing they are surrendering all and putting their lives in danger. Yet these new believers are quickly becoming bold witnesses and leaders in the underground churches. http://www.joelstrumpet.com/?p=8458

Now Christ Jesus has come
to show us the kindness of God. 
Christ our Savior
defeated death and brought us the good news. 
It shines like a light
and offers life that never ends.
2 Timothy 1:10

6 comments :

Susie said...

Karen, I am thrilled to read more want to know Jesus. Too many people want to come to this country and wipe Jesus out..I disapprove. I will let anyone worship as they like...then let be believe as I like. I say "God bless you" to many. I wish blessings at the end of each comment and I mean it. It's my wish for everyone to have blessings from God. Yes, I am wishing you good blessings. xoxo, Susie

Phoebes World said...

What a coincidence...I opened my Scriptures this morning and the page was in Timothy. What a wonderful verse to share.
Actually...my grandmother always used to say...there is no such thing as coincidence...it is Heavenly Father trying to tell us something.
Maybe I should listen
Phoebe x

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful verse and the photo goes perfectly. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you again, so much is going on in our small town this week.
I appreciate your posts and reminders of scripture.
Carla

Connie said...

I am so grateful to be living in a country that allows religious freedom. I can't imagine living in a place where it is forbidden. I love the photos in your header--such beautiful fall color. Hope you have a nice weekend!

L. D. said...

Great verse and wonderful photo too.

Blog Archive