Sunday, November 13, 2016

Gather Around

photo credit wikimedia


Granddaughter Kaedyn learned the old song, "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho" in music class, and it brought back memories of family and friends singing around our great-aunt's pump organ. I remember those happy times and a cozy atmosphere with logs burning in the fireplace, the grandfather clock chiming the hour, shelves of children's books, and peppermints in the candy dish.

Kaedyn has a good voice and can pick out songs on the piano here. Music has always been a big part of my life, and we enjoy our visits in the afternoons.





7 comments :

NanaDiana said...

I remember that song. We had a lot of music in our house when our kids were growing up and I still love it. This was a great memory here, Karen. xo Diana

Mildred said...

Kaedyn must get her good voice from her Aunt! lol lol
Her hair looks so pretty. So happy that you two can share music, singing, and memories in the afternoons. Have a good week. Love you.

Carla from The River said...

We love music as well. :-)
Happy new week to you,
Carla

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet memories here and so nice that you get to spend time with your precious Kaedyn!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

My grandparents used to have an old pump organ at their log cabin in PA. But when they sold the cabin, the organ went with it. We now have a wurlitzer organ here at our house that belonged to my parents. I do not play it, but one of our sons loves to play it for "therapy" he says. He has never had lessons and mostly plays for his own enjoyment with headphones on...but he does have talent and his made up music is interesting. I love it when we have company come who know how to really play the hymns, and then we sing together around the organ. My parents/grandparents always had this tradition. I miss it.

Red Rose Alley said...

I hope Kaedyn continues to sing. It is such a gifted talent. This is a cute picture of her at the piano. One to be framed. Your great-aunt's home sounds cozy and welcoming. It's nice that you have special memories of going to see her.


~Sheri

Connie said...

Those are sweet memories indeed!

Blog Archive