Saturday, October 1, 2016

Schoolhouse Memories - 1950's

Does anybody remember the icky glue and paste we used in first grade back in the 1950's? And the slimy bar of Ivory soap that was on the sink in the girl's rest room?

But I'll have to say I had some wonderful teachers and great friends .

My brother just went to his 50th class reunion, and mine will be next year!

Here is my class photo from third grade. I'm directly in front of the teacher.

When I asked my 7 year old granddaughter to guess which one was me, she pointed to Mrs. Wallace!

6 comments :

Mildred said...

I do remember that glue now that I see it! I also remember that slimy bar of soap in the girl's room
That is hilarious that K thought the teacher was you. That would mean you failed a few grades!

Bethany Carson said...

Neat to see what you looked like as a child! Sounds like you have some great memories. Hope you have a wonderful time at the class reunion.

Melanie said...

I sure do remember that glue! It was nasty stuff. My 50th is next year as well. How time flies! Have a blessed day.

Susie said...

Karen, I laughed about the grand thinking the teacher was you...I think youngster think we were always grown, or old. I remember a girl eating that old dried out goopy white paste in 2nd grade. I loved seeing your childhood photo. You know we all got some of those. LOL. Blessings to you for a great Sunday. xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

We just recently went to my husband's 40th high school reunion. It's fun to look at old school photos.

Red Rose Alley said...

hahaha, that's so funny that your granddaughter pointed to the teacher. What a sweet picture of you, Karen. I do remember that glue, but when I started school, Elmer's was the one we used. I'm glad you had great memories of school.

~Sheri