Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reaping a Harvest

When my oldest son was young, he liked to help me decorate our front door for his October birthday with a bunch of Indian corn tied with a pretty ribbon. 
I now live in Indiana, where almost half of the farmland is planted in corn.
When I consider all the potential that God put into a simple kernel of corn, I know we can trust Him to multiply the seeds of kindness we plant and they will bear fruit for years to come. 
Sow with a view to righteousness. Reap in accordance with kindness. Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you.
Hosea 10:12



11 comments :

Mildred said...

Good Afternoon, Sister. It's hard to believe your oldest is all grown up now. I remember the pretty bows you would make to decorate for Autumn. What a beautiful post about sewing seeds of kindness. Wishing you a very enjoyable evening. xoxo

Melanie said...

It is so true how God take something so small and make it into something much more significant. Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

Susie said...

Hi Karen, I have always love the colors of Indiana corn. Corn sure is a useful plant. I am hoping of all the things and seeds I have planted...that seeds of kindness flourish the best. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Teri said...

Dear Karen ... such a lovely posting. Fall blessings to you. Hugs ♥ Teri

Theresa said...

Being raised on a farm, this post brings back sweet memories of harvest time:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Stephanie said...

My dear Karen, what a beautiful and timely post. I so appreciated your words and oh how true, sow with a view to righteousness.

Have a blessed day! Hugs!

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, I love this Karen. It is just wanted I needed today.
Carla

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, look at all that corn in different Autumn colors. How nice that your son used to help you decorate your front door in October. Not sure when his birthday is, but sending birthday wishes his way. :)

~Sheri

baili said...

thank you for sharing as i am seeing the colorful corn for the first time .
back in my village corn was of only one color off white ,i belong to an Asian country .
blessings

bp said...

This was so interesting to read.....when I saw it in my "Feedly" reader I saw some facts about corn but I don't see them here. I enjoyed it though and the reminder of the amazing God we serve.

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful message here, Karen. God bless you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana