Sunday, October 16, 2016

Colorful Walk and a Mischievous Squirrel

I was thrilled to see so much color today on my walk at the park. Early morning, warm sun, gentle breeze - quiet and peaceful...I went to throw away a paper cup, and a feisty squirrel jumped out of the trash can and scared me silly. I tried my best to follow him and get a pic. I kept circling as he inched around and around a tree trunk keeping me just out of range. I believe I heard him chuckling under his breath!
 He won. This photo is from wikimedia!
It reminded me of chasing my little sister Mildred around the house when she was little.
I couldn't catch her either!

9 comments :

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Well at least you FOUND a picture of a squirrel. Sounds like you had a good day anyway even if you were scared half to death by a squirrel. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Mildred said...

Remember the time I scared you silly by hiding beside your bed?? lol
I think you can catch me now days!
Love your pretty fall photos. Your are ahead of us with color. Have you bought lots of trick or treat candy??

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my goodness, Karen, that would have scared me for sure. I'm not sure I mentioned to you, but I love taking pictures of the squirrels, but I'm a bit afraid of them. They are so fast and unpredictable hehehe.

~Sheri

Melanie said...

Very cute. We have some very brave squirrels here in Florida. One time, my husband and I were sitting at a picnic table and a squirrel came over and grabbed a potato chip that had fallen out of the bag. I think that your squirrel would have startled me too. Have a good day.

Theresa said...

Sounds like that little squirrel was messing with you and Mildred too:) Enjoy your day dear Karen. Hugs

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Aren't squirrels fun to watch? Yes, I have a difficult time capturing their picture as well...they just move too quickly, especially when they know I'm watching. Love your other pictures...so colorful and beautiful. Have a blessed and cheery day!

Patsy said...

The best time of the year, love the colors.

Connie said...

Haha! Cute story. Love your colorful montage of photos too. :)

Carla from The River said...

Cute ... you could not catch Mildred, that is cute too.
xx oo
Carla