Monday, October 24, 2016

A Sure Hope

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
to guide the future surely as He has the past. 
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
his voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.


Catharina Schlegel, born on  October 22, 1697, penned these words that spoke to me so clearly this morning. With so many changes on the horizon, I can trust that God is still on the throne, and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

7 comments :

Mildred said...

Thank you so much for sharing these lyrics. So timely in today's troubled world. Beautiful video. Love you.

Melanie said...

I've always loved this song but I never heard all the lyrics before. Thank you for sharing. It has such a wonderful message. Have a blessed day.

Connie said...

Comforting words, Karen. I hope you enjoy your day.

Karen said...

I loved everything you shared in this post...especially the part about our unchanging God!

Nonnie said...

A beautiful song for these unsettling times.

Theresa said...

Love this dear Karen! Have a beautifully blessed day, HUGS!

Red Rose Alley said...

These words are just what I needed to hear today, Karen. Thank you.

Have a lovely week, dear.

~Sheri