Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Counting My Blessings

One night recently, I tossed and turned until after midnight. Then I remembered an old song: "If you're worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings."

I tried thinking of something to thank God for that began with each letter of the alphabet. I got as far as the letter C, and was sound asleep.

My granddaughter and I were thankful for bright sunshine yesterday with a cooling breeze.

8 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a great idea. Counting your blessing is much better than counting sheep. Your granddaughter is cute!
Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

L. D. said...

I guess I need to try the counting of the blessings. You day looked like a great one.

Mildred said...

These are such cute pictures. Don't you and K love these beautiful fall days to play outdoors. It's a little cooler here today, too!

Theresa said...

We have so much to be thankful for. A good night's sleep is a must for me. Hugs

Teri said...

Dear Karen ... you are so blessed to have your grand daughter so close by. I am sure that she is so thankful for your time together. I am happy that you were able to get to sleep counting your blessings.

Arlene Grimm said...

So true Karen...I often lay in the bed and pray for others when I cannot sleep. I figure God woke me up to pray for somebody11

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Karen, I smiled when I heard the song because Bing Crosby sings it in my favorite scene of White Christmas. I'm glad to hear you fell asleep at C. How nice that you and your granddaughters spent time together. That is a blessing, indeed.

~Sheri

Connie said...

This is a great idea! Sweet photos of your granddaughter.