Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Rose Garden

I was remembering my visit three summers ago to the Smith Rose Garden in Kansas City.  I was struck with the thought that the perfumed air and vivid colors were just a taste of heaven.
Mother loved to hear George Jones sing.
How beautiful heaven must be.
Sweet home of the happy and free 
Fair haven of rest for the weary
How beautiful Heaven must be

Pure waters of life there are flowing
And all who drink may be free
Rare jewels of splendor are glowing
How beautiful Heaven must be

8 comments :

Mildred said...

Good Morning, I love these photos of the rose garden and those lyrics are so sweet. Wishing you and your granddaughter a very nice afternoon. xoxo

Summer said...

Such beautiful words and flowers! Have a wonderful day ♥

summerdaisycottage.net

Theresa said...

I believe that Heaven is full of roses:) I will see you there someday! HUGS!

Debbie Harris said...

How beautiful heaven must be...Beauty beyond what we can even imagine, but how glorious it will be when we arrive.

Those roses are lovely.

Connie said...

Beautiful photos! In my imagination, I have always pictured Heaven as being full of flowers.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful rose garden, Karen. I think you know that I'd feel right at home there. The rose is a sturdy flower also, and go back many years in history. Love the pretty red rose you shared.

~Sheri

bp said...

Hello, Those are beautiful roses! We've sung that song before. :)

I saw your comment a while back on the code for Walmart grocery pick up. What is your email to send it to?

Have a nice weekend!
Bethany

Nonnie said...

Those roses are gorgeous and no perfume so sweet as the scent of a rose. God's creation is full of so many beautiful flowers that I just have to believe Heaven will be filled delights such as we have never seen ... or smelled.

Blog Archive