Saturday, August 20, 2016

Never Forsaken

Let your conduct be without covetousness; 
be content with such things as you have. 
For JESUS Himself has said,  
“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
 Hebrews 13:5

Same verse in the Amplified version:
Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]


4 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so interesting...the different interpretations of various translations! Beautiful flowers below; your yard must be gorgeous!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Karen, for this wonderful verse on this Saturday afternoon. :)

~Sheri

Mildred said...

It is interesting to see the two translations. Such a reassuring passage.

Connie said...

These are reassuring words!

Blog Archive