Friday, July 1, 2016

Words That Heal

Reckless words pierce like a sword,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18 NIV


My grandkids love to participate in team sports. They have had many coaches who always found something to praise and ways to encourage. It's a beautiful thing to see the kids gain confidence, learn cooperation, and blossom over the season. 

I often wish that I could take back unkind words I've said over my lifetime. I want to speak words that will bring encouragement and life. One of my mentors said, "Start by working on a friendly HELLO, and then stop to really listen."





7 comments :

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Karen when I think back over the words I wish I could take back, it makes my heart sad. I am trying to do better as well.

Patsy said...

I know we all do that!
Have a happy day

Red Rose Alley said...

This is so true. If only we listened more. Can you imagine the things we would learn?

Happy July, Karen!

~Sheri

Connie said...

I think we've all said things we wish he hadn't said. I hope you have a nice holiday weekend!

Theresa said...

Kids learn a lot from coaches:) Enjoy your weekend dear Karen, HUGS!

Susie said...

Hi Karen, I went back over some of your posts. I loved the bird drawing, so sweet. People need to realize at such a young age these little kids are not going to play like a pro. It's fun to win, but we must not be angry when we lose. Blessings to you and yours for a great holiday weekend. xoxo, Susie

Debbie Harris said...

Much to ponder on and thank you for sharing.

May we live our lives to the glory of God, and our lips too. :)

Bless you~

Blog Archive