Thursday, July 21, 2016

Clean Slate


When I taught school in the seventies, we still used the chalk board. Near the end of the day, one child would be given the privilege of erasing the board and then taking the erasers just outside to dust them against a tree.

The kids thought this was a great treat until one day, one of my helpers came back with a frown. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He said, "Johnny from the other second grade class was dusting erasers, too. He said in his class it is a punishment for the child who has misbehaved that day."

I guess it is all in how you look at it!

Anyway, one thing I tried to do as a teacher, was to reassure the child who had misbehaved that day, that all was forgiven and we would start over fresh the next day.

I thank God that He is like that with me.

7 comments :

Mildred said...

Amen to that!

Hope you have a good day.

We got RAIN finally!

Cathy said...

A sweet post ~ Thanks for visiting me today.

Walking on Sunshine... said...

What a beautiful concept! Love it!! Enjoy your day!

Composing Hallelujahs said...

so true.

KathyB. said...

What a difference our perspective makes. Cleaning the chalk board and erasers was a privilege when I was in school too.And isn't it interesting the attitude of the child doing it as a privilege did not change the other boys' attitude, rather, the reverse.

Connie said...

What a cute story! Perspective makes such a difference.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, we have such a forgiving Father. Loved the picture of the little one at the chalk board. I was also a teacher's aide (elementary school through eighth grade), never knew where I would be that day. :)

~Sheri

Blog Archive