Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Morning Light

When I awoke with the bright sun shining through the curtains one morning, I burst out in song, "There is sunshine in my soul today." Then I couldn't remember the rest of the words to this old hymn and had to finish with "da da dum dum", hoping the angels were laughing with me, not AT me! 

It kept bugging me so I googled the lyrics.
I had to smile at the words to the second verse:

There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King;
And Jesus, listening, can hear

The song I cannot sing.

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Romans 8:26 


8 comments :

Connie said...

Ha! The lyrics to the second verse fit perfectly. :)

Doris said...

The sun is shining here now after two rain storms....but it's only 60 degrees! And windy! It feels so cold.
I've not sung that song in a very long time. Thanks for reminding me of it!
Wishing you a blessed day, Karen!

Debbie said...

what a beautiful rose. google is good for everything and i'm sure i use it everyday!!!

shortybear said...

lovely

Nonnie said...

I love it! Sunshine in my soul today! Thank God for His Holy Spirit helping us to pray. Your posts are so refreshing.

Mildred said...

Awww, I love this! How beautiful.

Mildred said...

p.s. I love your flower and tree photos.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your posts always make me smile, Karen. Thank you for that.

~Sheri

Blog Archive