Monday, June 20, 2016

God's Love is Flowing

It's funny how I forget things, and then something triggers a memory and a scene comes flooding back. I was listening to a woman talk about the joy of the Lord being her strength. She said, "When we begin to just enjoy His presence, we become more aware of His love flowing over us."

I suddenly remembered that my youngest, Caleb, would look at me and chuckle when he wanted to breastfeed.  He would lie in my arms, snug and secure, and look into my eyes. Soon he would start grinning and milk would flow out the corners of his mouth and all over us!

My doctor had told me I would not be able to breastfeed Caleb because of some surgery I'd had, and Caleb's doctor said he could not breastfeed because of Down syndrome....but God made a way! I was able to nurse him until he could sit alone at age 23 months.

I like this quote by George Muller

6 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a lovely memory! Thank God for finding a way!
Beautiful flowers and mosaic!
Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Doris said...

Fabulous quote and fabulous testimony! I'm so happy God granted your hearts desire.
God bless your day, Karen!

Patsy said...

Sweet memory!God is good.

Mildred said...

Sweet testimony. God bless your day.

Connie said...

That's a sweet story, and I like that quote too.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Karen, this brought back sweet memories of when I breastfed my kids. Nel used to look at me and smile too. How wonderful that you could breastfeed your son for 23 months despite what the doctors said. I nursed all my kids for a year until they could drink regular milk. It was one of the most special times in my life looking back. So glad you have sweet memories as well.

~Sheri

Blog Archive