Friday, May 27, 2016

Therefore I Have Hope

Jeremiah was persecuted by the king and the religious leaders for prophesying the fall of Jerusalem. Because of the nation's rebellion against God's Word, the Jews were taken into exile in Babylon. Even though Jeremiah was spared, he witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem.

It is thought that Jeremiah wrote these verses soon after Jerusalem's defeat. Even in a time of judgment and shaking, he could say:


This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:21-23

5 comments :

Nonnie said...

I have hope that we will all stand strong in the face of whatever happens here. We have so much in this country and yet don't realize how needy we are.

bp said...

I'm thankful for this promise. It encouraged me when I read it last night. Thank you.

Mildred said...

A beautiful verse and Jordan's song was amazing. I am reading
The Reason For My Hope by Billy Graham. I wish you a very nice evening.

Patsy said...

The blessings of Hope!

Carla from The River said...

I always appreciate the encouragement you remind us about...it is needed in this crazy world, when we are bombard with of the world every place we turn. Thank You!

Blog Archive