Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunrise to Sunset

The mighty One,
God, the Lord,
speaks and calls the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth.
Psalm 50:1-2 Amplified

My sweet neighbor, Mary, likes to come over and have me play her favorite hymns. She told me that she did not come to know Jesus until she was middle age, and that her Mother and she were saved at the same time in a revival at our church. That's when the Bible and  hymns came to have special meaning in her life. The song that still brings tears of gratitude to her is "It Is Well With My Soul". Not long after they were saved, her Mother had a debilitating stroke, and Mary cared for her until her death. She praises God that He was their strength and comfort during that time.

3 comments :

Connie said...

That is a beautiful song!

Carla from The River said...

Hello,
I was 29 when I found Jesus.
My life changed so much, I am so thankful to know Him!
Carla

Connie Arnold said...

That is one of my favorite hymns, so comforting! What a blessing this is. Thank you for sharing!

Blog Archive