Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Speaking God's Word

A Hebrew word for meditate, Hagaw, literally means to speak the Word of God out loud: to not only contemplate what God is saying, but to confess it consistently so that it gets down into my spirit and builds up my faith.

"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success."
Joshua 1:8 NASB

4 comments :

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Thank you for sharing this verse. I hope you have nice weather today and enjoy a walk.

Connie said...

This is a new word to me. Thanks for sharing that information. Have a nice weekend!

Debbie Harris said...

"That it gets down in my spirit and builds up my faith" I like that.
Thank you for this reminder found in this excellent verse from Scripture.
Blessings~~

NanaDiana said...

What a great verse, Karen. You are such a faith-filled person. God bless and keep you, dear heart- xo Diana

Blog Archive