Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Look Up!

My friends took a trip to Chicago and walked out on the Skydeck to have their picture made (1,353 feet up).

I asked them, "Weren't you afraid?"
"Sure," they said, "So we just never looked down!"

I remember flying over the Atlantic and the queasy feeling I had seeing nothing but ocean in every direction. I thought about how scared Noah might have been in the great flood. After months of being cooped up in the ark, Noah stood at the window, watching for some sign of hope that it would soon be over. I have heard that the only windows in the ark were at the top - so the only view was UP.

Is God big enough to handle our fears today?

Jesus told His followers:
And when these things begin to come to pass, 
then look up, 
and lift up your heads; 
for your redemption draweth nigh.

Luke 21:28

8 comments :

Connie said...

I've never been on the Skydeck, but I've seen lots of pictures of it. I think it would bother me to be out on it. Perfect scripture for this post! :)

Patsy said...

I could not do that any more!
And so thankful God Can do any thing.

L. D. said...

I think some days that looking up is all I can do. Thanks for sharing this.

Arlene Grimm said...

I have seen photos of that sky deck in Chi town and I do not know if I would be brave enough to walk out on it Karen. I have a fear of heights. If I am enclosed I am ok....kind of like being enclosed in God's hands. That changes my perspective.

Sandra said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today.. i am glad i was not with Noah, i get very sick on boats and planes... i don't float or fly...i guess i would have then though.. i mean with the other choice....

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I have been on the Sky Deck! It was all fog the day I went up. It was like I was in a cloud.

I enjoyed today's post. Thank you!!
Carla

Red Rose Alley said...

I've never really been too afraid of flying. Now, driving on the freeway.....that's another story. :)

Have a pleasant rest of the week, Karen.

~Sheri

Nonnie said...

Flying over the ocean always made me a little nervous. But I think I would feel safer in the plane than walking out on the sky deck. I get very queasy with heights. My stomach turns over and my knees buckle.

Blog Archive