Saturday, May 28, 2016

Gladness in My Heart

Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
You have put gladness in my heart, 
More than in the season 
that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace and sleep,
For You alone, O Lord.
Make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:6-8

I pray for our men and women in the armed services around the world, that they will feel God's love and care and will be able to sleep peacefully. I remember Daddy talking about being in Germany during WWII - how bitterly cold it was during the long nights, and how he longed to see the sunrise.
I thank God for all those who have defended freedom and those who gave their lives in the wars.

This Memorial Day, I pay tribute to my Mother's Dad, Thea Bowen, who was killed in WWII. 

5 comments :

Theresa said...

Well said Karen! Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

Arlene Grimm said...

Karen, a young friend of mine lost her husband in 2007 in Iraq. It is a reminder to me that Freedom is not Free. So thankful for those who laid down their lives for us.

Mildred said...

Blessings to you this Sunday. I hope you will enjoy the day.

Nonnie said...

I too am thankful for my family who has served and two currently serving and an uncle who died in WWII.

Red Rose Alley said...

Have a nice Memorial Day weekend, Karen.

~Sheri

Blog Archive