Sunday, May 29, 2016

And On Top of THAT!

When we were teenagers, panty hose were the newest thing! They got runs in them so easily they were saved for special occasions. My little sister's friend was describing her new clothes that she had worn to a party. When she finished telling every detail of her outfit, she suddenly remembered, "Oh, and on top of THAT, I was wearing panty hose!"

I get these funny mental pictures when I am reading the Bible, but I think God uses that to drive home a point and help me remember it! I remembered that incident when I read this passage:

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline.... 

It seemed God was saying to me: "And on top of THAT..."

And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.
Colossians 3:12-14 Message

7 comments :

Mildred said...

That verse does indeed remind me of "on top of that" story!
I wish you a blessed day.

shortybear said...

amen

Patsy said...

Great Post!

Nonnie said...

Excellent! It holds it all together.

L. D. said...

Great reminder.

Arlene Grimm said...

A good thought to start my day with Karen!!

Connie said...

Hahaha! Such a cute story and a neat reminder of this verse too.

Blog Archive