Saturday, April 16, 2016

Searching for Gold

When I was a child in Georgia, our elderly neighbor lived in the 100 year old house across the street. She filled my head with tales of Union Soldiers who once occupied the house as their headquarters, and how the neighbors hid their treasures from the Yankees by burying then in their yards. I felt sure that I would eventually discover diamonds and silver as I played out back in my sandbox.


I recalled that memory early today when I read this quote:

Starting the day in God's Word 
is better than finding a treasure chest of pure gold.

9 comments :

Nonnie said...

How cool to hear stories about the civil war times.
And, of course, your post reminded me of these verses about God's Word.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. Psalm 19:10
Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold. Psalm 119:127

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lovely quote and sweet memories!

Mildred said...

Fun to think back about Miss Nora's memories. I love your photo and the quote.

Doris said...

Kids and treasures go together :) The treasure of God's word is worth more than all the gold, so true!
Enjoy your weekend, Karen!

Connie said...

That's a neat quote, and how great to have all those memories shared with you by your neighbor.

Debbie Harris said...

How wonderful to have heard those enchanting stories. I would have wondered the same thing.
Excellent verse you have shared, Karen.

Have a beautiful day~~

dellartist said...

A delightful memory. So, true, Karen! What treasure there is to be found in the Word!

shortybear said...

nice post

Red Rose Alley said...

Did I ever tell you that I believe it is a gift when we see a rainbow. I just received a gift today on your blog.......thank you, Karen.

~Sheri

Blog Archive