Sunday, April 10, 2016

Right Motives

An atheist confronted a Christian pastor with this observation: "You Christians just want to receive the honor of men."

It made me think about why I do what I do?

I guess a good indicator is how easily I get offended if no one says thank you.

Lord, help me to remember that what I do, I do for You, and what I fail to do, I fail to do for You.

Jesus said, "When you do a kindness, do it secretly...and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you." Matthew 6:3-4

7 comments :

Arlene Grimm said...

I think we all love praise Karen and that is where Satan often trips us up! It is true for me anyway!

Mildred said...

A good reminder this Sunday morning. I wish you a very nice day.

Patsy said...

I try to say thank you more!

Connie said...

I think everyone wants to feel appreciated, but we do need to remember what our motivation is. Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

Hazel Moon said...

I am also reminded when we are thanked for something we did out of Love for the Lord, that we receive the thanks with courtesy and gentleness, and not a proud spirit. It is difficult to receive thanks at times, but we must not offend those who have been blessed by our meager efforts.

Nonnie said...

I think about motives frequently.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a sweet gentle reminder, Karen.

~Sheri