Monday, March 7, 2016

Grandmother's Flowers

Grandmother loved flowers. I remember red tulips all across the front of the house, roses climbing the fence, thrift lining the driveway under the crabapple tree. But my favorite spot was under her kitchen window, with all colors of flowers mixed together. I can see her peering at it with pride from the big double window, wearing her ruffled apron. I can taste her fried apple pies

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates. Proverbs 31:31

7 comments :

Denise said...

lovely post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful flowers. I love the tulips too. Lovely post and memory of your grandmother. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Theresa said...

Oh the sweet memories of the flowers blooming around my old home place:) Have a blessed day dear Karen, BIG HUGS!

L. D. said...

Those colors are so wonderful to see compared to all of our brown that we have right now.

Doris said...

I was at the Philadelphia today....saw many lovely flowers today! What a tender memory you shared today. Always love a memory involving an apron :)

Red Rose Alley said...

I enjoy hearing your childhood stories, Karen. They are delightful.
Me and your grandmother have something in common. We both love tulips, especially the red ones.


~Sheri

Connie said...

This is such a sweet memory. Those flowers are gorgeous!

Blog Archive