Saturday, February 27, 2016

Wonderful Day

Yesterday my good friends from Kansas City came to visit, and sang and played the piano with me. Then my neighbors surprised me by knocking on my door and inviting me over to play their piano and have a hymn sing. We had a great time, each recalling their favorite hymns and telling about when they first came to know the Lord,

We found that we all liked Dottie Rambo's song "We Shall Behold Him". Everybody had tears in their eyes thinking about the day when Jesus will return for us "in all of His glory".

The Bible passage that stood out to me this morning was 1 John 3.

We know that when He is revealed, 
we shall be like Him, 
for we shall see Him as He is.

6 comments :

Patsy said...

Hoping you have a lovely day.

Arlene Grimm said...

We spend many a Sunday afternoon playing the piano and singing together!! Love your post Karen.

Mildred said...

So happy that your friends could visit and also, such a blessing to have good neighbors to fellowship with. Enjoy your Saturday!

Connie said...

How nice that you got to spend time with your neighbors and friends. I hope you enjoy your weekend. :)

Dorothy said...

I dearly love those old time hymn sings! Also love Dottie Rambo songs!

Denise said...

sounds wonderful.

Blog Archive