Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Philippians 1:6

You can be sure that the Lord has His hand on you.
Safe and secure, He will never abandon you.
You are His treasure and He finds His pleasure in you.
Jon Mohr

I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

When I was young, I remember my Dad stressing to me the virtue of finishing my job. Washing dishes meant washing, drying, putting them away, cleaning the sink, table, counters and sweeping the floor. I can still hear him calling me back to the kitchen, "Karen, come finish your job!"

I can trust my Heavenly Father to finish the job He began in me. My prayer is that I will cooperate!

6 comments :

Denise said...

amen

Mildred said...

Good Morning. What a beautiful song. Stay safe in today's rain!

Cranberry Morning said...

This was my grandma's favorite verse, and definitely one of mine too. It is such a reassuring promise to the believer. And I agree, I want to be cooperative, not fighting every step of the way.

Red Rose Alley said...

I think that's nice that your father stressed to you to finish up each job. I think that is lacking in our world today. I really like this first verse.

Have a good rest of the week, Karen. Your new blog design is so vibrant and pretty, just right for spring.

~Sheri

Nonnie said...

This is one verse I count on.

Connie said...

I like your story to go along with these verses and song. I can remember my parents telling me to finish jobs too.

Blog Archive