Thursday, February 4, 2016

Funny Memory

My first year of teaching school was in 1972. I was 21 and the other two first grade teachers were in their late sixties. We three would sit together at the lunch table in the cafeteria. They were a tremendous help to me, but they would often boss me around like I was a kid. (Guess I was!)

"Eat everything else on your plate before you have your dessert!" they would tell me every day.

One day, I'd had enough, and I said a little too loudly: "I went to school for four years to be able to teach, and I've earned the right to eat what I want off my own plate!!"

Then I heard one of my six year old students at the table behind me inform the class, "Hey, our teacher only went through the fourth grade!"

7 comments :

Denise said...

funny, lol

Lady Jane said...

Cute memory Karen. Hugs, LJ

Mildred said...

This makes me laugh out loud!

Connie said...

Hahaha! That's a cute story!

Nonnie said...

Kids! That's funny.

Mildred said...

I love the heart with lily of the valley - it looks pretty with your background!

dellartist said...

Cute story! Kids do say the funniest things!

Blog Archive