Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Jeremiah 29:13

I heard an instrumental of the old hymn "Softly and Tenderly" today (on Reflections on Daystar TV) and it reminded me that  this was the hymn that was being sung at our church when I gave my life to Jesus. He is faithful to show Himself to us when we search for Him!

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling
Calling for you and for me,
See on the portals He's waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me

Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me,
Though we have sinned He has mercy and pardon
Pardon for you and for me.

Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary, come home.
Earnestly, tenderly Jesus is calling
Calling, O sinner, come home.

Wil Thompson

6 comments :

Cranberry Morning said...

That was one of the handful of songs the congregation would often sing at the end of the Sunday night service at the church where I grew up. Have a blessed New Year, Karen.

Theresa said...

Singing that song along with you:) Love that old hymn! Enjoy your day dear friend, I pray it is a blessed one! HUGS!

Connie said...

I've always loved that song. Beautiful!

Mildred said...

Beautiful, precious lyrics.

Nonnie said...

Another one I remember from church growing up. Nobody ever sings it anymore. Also reminds me of Come Home, it's Suppertime.

dellartist said...

One of my favorite old songs. We used to sing it in church but I haven't heard it for years. How beautifully it fits with the verse from Jeremiah. Your blog is so uplifting in a world that seems to be doing its best to bring us all down.

Blog Archive