Monday, January 18, 2016

Favor of God

The sermon yesterday was about the favor of God. I remember my children playing baseball on the church team. When someone got a home run, they would say, "It's the favor of God!"

But the pastor was pointing out that we never had more favor than the day that we realized we were lost without God, and He extended His forgiveness, mercy and favor.

My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
2 Corinthians 12:9 Amplified

7 comments :

Regine Karpel said...

God Bless

Nonnie said...

Amen.

L. D. said...

Thank you for sharing this. I was needing to hear this message just today. God bless you Karen.

Connie said...

Wonderful scriptures.

Lydia S. said...

I've been thinking a lot about those same verses recently! Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

Oh yes! Have a blessed day dear friend, sending HUGS your way!

Denise said...

nicely said.