Friday, December 18, 2015

The Warmth of God's Presence

The kitchen was the warmest sunniest room in the house where I grew up. The alarm clock on the kitchen shelf would buzz and soon I would smell bacon frying and hear the coffee pot percolating. I'd park myself by the heat vent, waiting for Mother to put breakfast on the table.

About this time of year, we'd get the big Sears Roebuck Wish Book in the mail - the one with the toy section! My sister, Mildred, and I would sit together by the heat vent and take crayons and circle every toy we wanted. Talk about positive thinking!

As I remembered that warm scene and our childhood hopes, the Lord reminded me of all the promises in His Book! I think I'll get out the red crayon and underline all my favorites: especially the warmth of His presence.

In Your presence is fullness of joy,
 at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. 
Psalm 16:11

4 comments :

Mildred said...

Merry Christmas! Sweet memories and a beautiful verse you have shared.

Wishing you a happy birthday on the 20th!!!! xoxoxo

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Dear Friend, I loved this post, thank you Lord for the Red Letters in His word! I want to wish you a Merry Christmas, I appreciate your post filled with love and encouragement!
Blessings, Roxy

Nonnie said...

Oh Karen. I love all your memories. They are so similar to mine. My sister and I did that with the catalog too. I also remember the early mornings hearing my mom in the kitchen and talking to Daddy as they had breakfast and then he would come tickle our feet and call us to get up. I love marking all the promises of God in my Bible, too. Blessings to you.

Connie said...

What a lovely and positive post! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Karen.