Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Remembering Mother

Hands that pulled up anklet socks
and buckled leather shoes.
That rolled my hair in pin-curls
for Sunday morning do's.
Homemade cakes they baked and iced
for family and friends.
They hung out clothes upon the line
secured with wooden pins.
Mother's hands were full of love;
gentle was her touch.
Her hands were busy dawn 'til dark
because she loved so much.

I wrote this in memory of Mother, Peggy Williams

Your love has given me much joy and comfort...
your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God's people.
Philemon 1:7


At Christmas time we miss our family members who have gone on to Heaven, and treasure wonderful memories.

6 comments :

Lady Jane said...

Such a wonderful wonderful poem. Thank you for those thoughts you gave to me of my own mom. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Karen. Have a very Merry Christmas dear blogging friend. Hugs, LJ

Phoebes World said...


Absolutely lovely.
I miss my parents..especially this time of year.. but I know they are watching over me..and I know they are happy
Phoebe x

Mildred said...

Sweet and true poem about our mother. I miss everyone at Christmastime.

Theresa said...

Beautiful poem! Yes we do miss our family members and cherish the memories! Have a blessed day and Christmas dear Karen! HUGS!

Patsy said...

I was remembering my mother and father today.
You have a Merry Christmas.

Connie said...

This is a beautiful poem and tribute to your mother, Karen. I'm missing loved ones who have gone before me on this Christmas too. Hugs to you and Merry Christmas!