Monday, December 7, 2015

Prophet, Priest, and King

I read that the three gifts presented to Jesus by the Magi were prophetic.
Gold represents His Kingship.
Frankincense speaks of His priestly anointing.
Myrrh reminds us of His sacrificial death.

I thought of these lyrics:

How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.

Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,
O Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.
John Newton

4 comments :

Connie said...

Lovely post, Karen. Hope you enjoy your week.

Red Rose Alley said...

This is so nice, Karen. I always wondered what Myrrh was. I will have to read about the three gifts sometime.

This is a wonderful Christmas season, isn't it?

~Sheri

Mildred said...

Such wonderful lyrics.
Wishing you a wonderful day.

Theresa said...

Beautiful! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!