Thursday, December 3, 2015

Little Red Wagon

God is teaching me that I have to stand up for what is right, even if it costs me.

Bob Norcross told this illustration: When he was a little boy, he got a shiny red wagon for Christmas. It was just what he wanted and he pulled it all around the neighborhood. One evening, his father came home from work, and asked his son, "I didn't see your wagon in the garage. Where is it?"

Bob whimpered, "Somebody stole it."

With a stern authoritative voice, Bob's father told him , "Go get your wagon NOW!"

At that moment, Bob decided He would rather face the neighborhood bully, than the displeasure of his Father. He recovered his wagon!

I admit that I struggle with confrontation and am tempted to be too passive.

My prayer is that I will learn what it means to fight the good fight of faith, believing that, as I obey God, my Heavenly Father will make a way for me.

7 comments :

Cranberry Morning said...

So true! It's one thing to be meek. It's another to be a pushover who's easily bullied into submission, rather than remembering that we are children of the KING of the Universe and that it is only through Christ and his people that this Kingdom is going to come to its fullness. The world has NO real answers. Why on earth should we be intimidated by them??!

Connie said...

I'm not one to be confrontational either. Hope you have a nice weekend, Karen!

KathyB. said...

I wish often I would be able to sit quietly by the way. I would have spared myself so much trouble and bother over the years, but more often my conscience will bother me if I do not speak for what is right. It does seem speaking for what is right and honorable is not politically correct or acceptable these days and I have discerned most people would rather see cute pictures of baby animals and read cozy quotes than utter a simple word of support for God, honor, common decency. Maybe that is just me though. God is good always and His ways and will prevail. Bless you Karen for your sweet nature and soul.

Mildred said...

A great message
Wishing you a nice upcoming weekend.

Patsy said...

We must learn Gods word , we are in Jude and it is like he is talking of this day and time.

Theresa said...

So true dear Karen! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Arlene said...

What a good illustration Karen. I am getting better about confronting others. Maybe it is my old age.lol