Wednesday, December 30, 2015

He's the Lily of the Valley

One of my favorite songs is "He's the Lily of the Valley". One verse says:

"He will never, never leave me, 
nor yet forsake me here,
While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
A wall of fire about me, I’ve nothing now to fear,
With His manna He my hungry soul shall fill."
Charles Fry

"I...will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst"
(Zechariah 2:5).

Nations once built walls to keep their enemies out. Think of all the expense that it cost to build the Great Wall of China. It is useless today as far as national security is concerned.

In our own strength, we cannot store up enough food, stash enough cash, or afford enough insurance to protect ourselves from the troubles of this world.

The only safe place we can ever be is the center of God's will, leaning on Him, listening to His heartbeat. His ways are higher, and He is still on the Throne.

Father God, May we soar so high in Your Spirit that when the enemy looks for us, he is blinded by the Son.

7 comments :

Cranberry Morning said...

That is an awesome post, Karen! Amen.

Patsy said...

I like this song also!
Hope you are dry and warm today.

Theresa said...

Oh so true dear Karen! I trust that we will stay safe in HIS everlasting arms! Happy New Year ahead to you and your family! HUGS!

Mildred said...

A beautiful post as we enter the new year.

KathyB. said...

That is soooooo true ! There are many people spending their time and money trying to protect themselves from unforeseen chaos and tragedy, yet only God can really do that. Happy new year Karen ~ KathyB.

Nonnie said...

I can still hear my mom's sweet voice singing that song.

Connie said...

Beautiful post!