Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Singing for Joy

At a nursing home outreach, a nurse wheeled a man into the fellowship hall that had not joined us before, staying by his side the whole time.

I asked if anyone had a favorite song. The man began to sing: "Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee, How great Thou art". Both his nurse and the other residents shed tears of joy, and started singing with him.

The nurse explained that the only words he had said since coming to the facility were, "Go home".

My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You because You have redeemed me.

Psalm 71:23

4 comments :

Delvalina said...

What a beautiful moment!
Thanks for sharing and I love your new template.
Happy thanksgiving week!
Blessing

Theresa said...

What a blessing! "How great thou art" is a beautiful hymn and one of my favorites! Have a blessed Thanksgiving dear Karen, HUGS!

Connie said...

Such a wonderful song! It is so amazing how music, especially a favorite hymn, can move people.

Denise said...

awesome