Sunday, November 1, 2015

Praising God - A Full Time Position With Benefits


Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And all that is within me,
bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with
lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Psalm 103:1-5

I read the inspiring book WAR ROOM this weekend, based on the Christian movie in the theaters now. It's a story of an elderly woman who spends time in her Prayer Closet, which she calls her War Room, and the many benefits that follow - far greater than her expectations.

5 comments :

Mildred said...

I would love to read the book/see the movie.

Recovering Lutheran said...

Someone once said that doing the Lord's work was not a prestigious high-paying job, but the retirement benefits were out of this world!

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust[b] consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:19-20 (NIV)

Daisy said...

Reassuring scripture choice. Hope you have a nice week ahead.

Theresa said...

I really want to see this movie! Have a blessed week ahead dear Karen, HUGS!

Lydia Scott said...

I hope to see this movie someday! I've heard it's really good!