Sunday, October 25, 2015

I Will Guide You With My Eye


I will instruct you and teach you
in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.
Psalm 32:8
When my son Caleb was alive, we made regular visits to his heart doctor's office. At age 3, Caleb's only words were Dada, uh-oh, and 'darsh', which meant "rewind that cassette tape ASAP!" The doctor would be amazed at how I knew what Caleb wanted by looking at his eyes. He would say, "You two are so in tune!" Caleb rarely had to cry for attention, because I could anticipate his needs.

I was thinking about this promise from the Psalms:
The Lord says: I will guide you with My eye.

Lord Jesus, thank you for guiding us with Your eye.  I pray that I will pay attention those things that are dear to Your heart.

4 comments :

Denise said...

amen sweet friend

Theresa said...

I am thankful also! Being in tune with each other is a blessing and a double-blessing with our Lord! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Daisy said...

It is so humbling and amazing to know He knows our every need.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, Karen. I didn't know. The eyes are so expressive, and it's one of the first things I notice about someone. I even did a post about "my eyes" before.

~Sheri