Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hold You?

I was scrolling back through pictures of granddaughter Kaedyn and remembering cute things she said as she was learning to talk in sentences. 


Sometimes she would get the words a little mixed up. I loved it when she wanted to be carried, or to rest in my lap, and she made me an offer that was hard to refuse: "Nana, you want me to hold you?"



When I read this verse, I can imagine the Lord asking, when we get weary:
"You want Me to hold you?" 


If I take the wings of the morning
or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there shall Your hand lead me,
and Your right hand shall hold me.

Psalm 139:9-10

8 comments :

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, lovely post and your granddaughter is a sweetie!

Theresa said...

What a sweet little one:) I love remembering things the Grandkids said as little tots! Precious memories! Have a blessed and beautiful Fall day dear Karen! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments! You are a blessing to me! HUGS!

Nonnie said...

Good morning! Those kids are so precious and the things they say. Sweet. I always want to be held by Jesus. Thank God He never lets go.

Denise said...

such a sweet post

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a precious child and an encouraging post.

Susan said...

I love this!!! Our grands would always say it like that too --- "I hold you" --- and right now I really needed this gentle reminder that our Lord truly wants to hold me. Just what I needed at the end of this hectic week and the beginning of a hectic weekend! Thank you for sharing this ~~~ hope your weekend is blessed!

Daisy said...

What a sweet photo and a sweet memory! :)

Susan said...

I sure needed to see this today!! Our grandchildren can be our gentle reminders that our Savior is always holding on to us. Thank you for sharing this ~~~ have a blessed weekend!