Friday, August 7, 2015

YAHWEH IS GLORY

They were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your works, O Lord God, the Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.
Revelation 5:3

During my quiet time this morning, I thought about Moses' Mom, a Jewish mother who wanted her son's life to be spared. I'm sure you know the story of how he was not only rescued, but the Pharaoh's daughter hired Mom to feed and care for him until he was old enough to live at the palace.

I wonder how many times Jochebed prayed for Moses to stay true to the God of their fathers in the midst of a people who did not know Him. I found that Jochebed means "YAHWEH is glory".

Many years went by before Moses led God's people to freedom from Egyptian bondage.
It's so amazing how God uses experiences in our lives to prepare us to be vessels fit for His use.

Just and true are Your ways, Oh Lord!!

6 comments :

CatTales said...

Very beautiful video. I wish you a nice weekend.

L. D. said...

Very good to see, thanks.

Patsy said...

Good story!
Have a great day.

Denise said...

such a nice video.

Theresa said...

Oh yes, I know that story well! Have a blessed Saturday dear Karen, HUGS!

Daisy said...

I've thought about how difficult it must have been for Moses's mother to feed and care for him, but not be able to call him her own. At the same time, I'm sure she was so grateful that his life was spared and that she had the opportunity to see him and be with him.

Blog Archive