Friday, August 21, 2015

Sing Praise!


It is good to give thanks to the Lord, 
and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High.
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, 
and Your faithful every night.
Psalm 92:1-2
I took this photo on a cool spring morning at Longview Lake in Grandview, Missouri. When I lived near there last year, I would enjoy my morning devotional time and the bright sunlight reflecting on the water.
One morning, I decided to go early to see the sunrise. It was so cloudy that the sun's rays never peeked through! I felt that the Lord was telling me, "I am the same, yesterday, today, and forever. When it's cloudy or sunny, a good day or a bad day, I am with you just the same."

This verse also came to mind:  
Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness; 
He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. 
Psalm 112:4


7 comments :

Dorothy said...

Wonderful promises in that scripture! I'm not much of a singer, but I love to sing praises the best I can to the Lord. I look forward to having a proper singing voice in Heaven, because I want to join the angels and all the saints in singing with the heavenly choir.

living from glory to glory said...

Good Morning, Yes, this verse does bring us a deep sense of comfort and hope in a world that seems out of control! I think of you often and I miss you!
Please take good care of yourself and enjoy this early fall we are starting to see! Hugs, Roxy

CatTales said...

A beautiful post and reminder this morning. I wish you a very good weekend.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful picture. I appreciate all the special words on here when I come over and visit.

~Sheri

Denise said...

so beautiful, and peaceful.

Theresa said...

So true dear friend! He is there ALWAYS! Have a blessed day and weekend, HUGS!

Daisy said...

Beautiful photo! We do indeed have many reasons to give praise.

Blog Archive