Saturday, May 16, 2015

I Will Joy in the God of My Salvation


Run the race. Learn how to lean into Jesus. Let him hold you close until you can hear the rhythm of His heartbeat. Then you will know when to rest, when to run, and when to release.
Heidi Baker

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off 
from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18

I am praying for so many around the world who are affected by tragedies. There is an elderly man in my Sunday School class who quotes this passage often. God has brought him through so many trials, but he says that it was in the trials that he learned to lean on Jesus.

6 comments :

Ginny said...

What a wonderful bible passage!! We are so blessed to be born here. Your green and red photo is beautiful! Japanese Maple?

Arlene said...

I love that verse Karen. One of my nursing school friends posted that a young friend of theirs lost her husband in the crash of the US helicopter in Nepal. They have two young sons...so tragic.

NanaDiana said...

Sunday blessings to you, Karen! xo Diana

Ashlynn Rife said...

:)

Joy said...

Words that really touched my heart. Thank you!

Mildred said...

Beautiful.