Friday, May 22, 2015

God Delights to Show Mercy

My granddaughters are memorizing Bible verses. The youngest know several short verses. The oldest memorizes whole chapters, and the middle one learned this one last week:

Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
19 
You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities
 into the depths of the sea.
20 
You will be faithful to Jacob,
    and show love to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our ancestors
    in days long ago.
Micah 7:18-20




5 comments :

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello greetings and good wishes.

Very inspiring, thought provoking verse from the Bible.

You grand daughters are amazing to learn by heart so many Bible verses.

Best wishes

Daisy said...

Wonderful scripture. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Ginny said...

How wonderful! It is very hard for me to memorize anything at all, my memory is kind of failing. But if I had started when I was a kid, I would have it now. Have I told you how much I love your background?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Micah 7:18 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible!

Joy said...

Oh! That I should be doing too!