Saturday, April 11, 2015

God of Wonders



Once I was teaching a group of first graders and we were talking about how God created the earth and sun and stars. They wanted to tell all they knew about the subject. One girl explained that the sun, along with all the stars and the moon, hurry around to hide on the other side of the earth at bedtime.

A little boy said, "Aw! That's not true. It is just that the earth spins really fast."

The little girl came back with, "Only when the wind is blowing!"

After experiencing the wind in Kansas City, I could see her reasoning!

Well, however it is that I am able to see a golden sunrise or the pastels of a sunset, may it always make me grateful to my Heavenly Father.

Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. 
Psalm 40:5 NIV

6 comments :

KathyB. said...

I love to hear how children think about creation, and how it all works. And so amazingly true " were I to speak and tell of your deeds , they would be too many to declare."

Arlene said...

Children can really come up with some good ones can't they Karen? I love sunrises too...a new day with new possibilities.

Pamela said...

Oh, I'm smiling! My 9 year old grandson brought me a book about crazy animals I bought. He told me it had evolution in it. It did! I was so thankful he knew that the earth was Created by the one true God. (Although the windy idea is pretty cute!) Beautiful sunrise!

Ginny said...

What cute stories! And your picture is divine! God painted pink and blue stripes across the sky just for US!

Mildred said...

Kids say the cutest things and with such conviction, too! Beautiful photo. Blessings to you.

Daisy said...

Cute story! Such a beautiful photo!

Blog Archive